WeDo 2.0 Training
We deliver training that is not only playful and engaging, but gives educators confidence to leave the training saying, "I can do this. I can apply this in my teaching."
The training will enable teachers to:
- Implement and utilize LEGO® Education solutions in day-to-day teaching
- Align the use of the material to curriculum standards
- Create lesson plans according our 4C approach to learning
- Understand how LEGO Education resources facilitate students’ learning
A full-day course consists of the following key elements:
- Hands-on within the first 10 minutes
- Two-thirds of the course includes hands-on activities
- One-third of the course includes presentation and discussion
- Curriculum-relevant coursework
- Lesson planning
- 7 hours of training, including breaks
WeDo 2.0 Introduction
Led by a certified LEGO® Education Academy trainer this program will give you a basic understanding of how to implement and use the WeDo 2.0 solution.
You will experience how you can support your students in hands-on learning with a focus on science and coding. This will be including a good focus on how you as a teacher can cover different curriculum areas and at the same time learn 21st century skills like problem solving, flexibility, critical thinking, creativity and perseverance in a collaborative environment.
It will be facilitated through fun and engaging training experiences that will give you a fundamental introduction to the LEGO Education approach to learning and what we mean by Learning through Play. You will walk away with many ideas on how to start and continue using WeDo 2.0 in your classroom.
To support you in succeeding, we will provide time and guidance to plan your first lessons using WeDo 2.0 teaching material and approach to learning. By the end of the program, you will be fully prepared to make elementary science an inspiring, engaging experience for all the students in your class.
- Increase your understanding of WeDo 2.0 and how to use it effectively in your classroom
- Explore a range of different subjects and project types
- Learn to work with the software and gain hands-on experience
- Develop effective techniques to apply WeDo 2.0 in the classroom, including lesson planning and classroom management
- Understand how WeDo 2.0 works in parallel with the Next Generation Science Standards
- Take in the LEGO Education approach to learning
- See how coding and construction with LEGO bricks can be great motivators for students
- Gain a strong understanding of LEGO Education learning methodology
WeDo 2.0 Computational Thinking Focus
Led by a certified LEGO® Education Academy trainer this program will build upon your prior knowledge and experience to give you an extended understanding of how to implement and use the WeDo 2.0 solution in a Computational thinking context. You will experience and discuss how you can support your students in hands-on learning with a focus on the process around computational thinking.
Like the previous WeDo 2.0 training, this course will facilitate fun and engaging training experiences that give you time to reflect and discuss more about learning approaches, curriculum areas and differentiation in your classroom. You will walk away with a lot of ideas on how to continue using WeDo 2.0 in your classroom with a computational thinking focus. To support you in succeeding, we will again provide time and guidance to plan your lessons using WeDo 2.0 to secure success and engagement for all the students in your class.
- Build on your prior knowledge and experience with WeDo 2.0
- Gain an extended understanding on how to implement and use the WeDo 2.0 solution in a computational thinking context
- Gain extra hands-on experiences
- Build on your techniques to apply WeDo 2.0 in the classroom, including lesson planning and classroom management
- See how computational thinking projects and construction with LEGO® bricks can be great motivators for students
- Completed WeDo 2.0 introduction course.